Job Profile: Sales/Account Executive for Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group/Mid Missouri
Reports to: Sales Coach
Overview: Sell marketing solutions to existing and prospective clients utilizing on air, on line and on location opportunities to help their businesses grow.
The company: Zimmer Radio and Marketing Group, a dynamic, family-owned communications company, serves its customers in mid-Missouri with focus-based messages that deliver results for their clients. With nine radio stations, three niche websites and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals, they customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on air, online and on location. They recruit, develop, empower and retain motivated employees who identify opportunities to create solutions that benefit their customers and the communities they serve. By initiating future growth, professionally and personally, in their associates through leadership training, company-wide openness, strategic innovation and personal ownership, Zimmer constantly surpasses client expectations and continually receives local and national recognition in the industry. They embrace a family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by an ethical, respectful, fun, safe, trusting and participative culture. Each year Zimmer raises more than one million dollars for numerous local charities, including the Children’s Miracle Network, The Food Bank of Central and Northeast Missouri, MDA and many local humane societies throughout the mid-Missouri region.
- Maintain work level to achieve 100%+ of monthly and quarterly goals
- Work a minimum of M-F 8-5, plus occasionally attend evening and weekend events
- Meet the weekly required minimum of 15 face-to-face calls with clients & prospects
- Attend all required weekly meetings as shown in personalized plan, both internally and with clients
- Actively prospect (phone and face to face) while servicing and building relationships with existing clients, 70% of your work week will be face-to-face interaction
- Conduct Customer Needs Analysis with clients and prospects to create solutions
- Build customize proposals by researching client industries and companies
- Input orders and production requests in a timely manner
- Collect funds from clients in a timely manner
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
A self motivated, confident, competitive professional, who has a desire to learn, grow and win while earning a high income in a fun environment, successful candidates should be passionate problem solvers who enjoy and take pride in helping clients grow their business by offering creative solutions.
- A marketing or sales background, with proven success at finding decision makers, and guiding decisions- ideally 5+ years of outside sales experience
- Proven success at negotiation, closing business and new business development
- Proven experience at multi-tasking in a fast paced and changing environment while meeting goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group
- Adaptability in working with and building long term relationships with a variety of businesses
- Ability to utilize strong listening skills, knowledge and curiosity to seek the best solutions for clients
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Proven networking skills with the ability to attend events to improve business relationships
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional appearance required
- Able to provide transportation to meet weekly required meetings with valid drivers license
- Excellent time management skills
- Prefer a 4 year degree in applicable field
- Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
- Vacation accrual from day 1, can earn 3 weeks after 5 years
- 6 paid holidays
- On going training both in group meetings and individual one-on-one support
- Recognition awards
Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group is an equal opportunity employer.
What will you do?
- Contact businesses and set appointments to do a Needs Analysis
- Conduct a thorough Needs Analysis to discover their marketing opportunities
- Do thorough research on their industry
- Develop a unique advertising strategy based on their unique opportunities using our Internet Marketing strategies
- Prepare a written proposal of your research and strategies
- Present those ideas to the decision maker for that business
- Persuade that business owner to invest in your marketing idea
- Implement the marketing campaign
- Introduce additional or follow up campaigns to that same business
You will experience every aspect of Internet Advertising and Marketing with a variety of different business categories. After years of this experience and our training, you will be an experienced and qualified Marketing Consultant.
Candidates for this position should be hard working, driven to succeed, goal oriented, and a self-starter. You must have a past track record of success, leadership, and achievement. Passion and knowledge the latest trends on the Internet is a requirement. An entrepreneurial spirit would be essential in the success of this position. Creative problem solving abilities are a must.
Leaders in the broadcast marketing industry have recognized the Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group as having one of the most innovative training programs in the industry. And now we’ve extended our innovations to the Internet with properties including www.Midmobile.com, www.midmotoday.com and www.shopmidmo.com. When you join our team, you participate in a structured training program that will give you the opportunity to become a Marketing Consultant, not just a Media salesperson. Successful people in the Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group always have future growth opportunities and many have become Sales Managers, General Managers, Project Managers, Trainers, and Consultants.
Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group in mid-Missouri is looking for more passionate people to join our team!
Some recent employees of ours have gone on to work for places like E! News, ESPN, TMZ, NBC Sports, Yahoo Sports, Sirius/XM and/or got jobs in cities like St. Louis, Kansas City, New York, Los Angeles, Bristol, and Houston.
We are always searching for dynamic on-air personalities and programmers for our music/spoken word formats, who understand that connecting with your audience is much more than just what you do over the air.
Formats: Country, CHR, News/Talk, Sports, Classic Rock, AC
What We Offer:
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
• 401K with company match
• Vacation & Holidays
Who We Are:
We’re a Missouri-based, family-owned company with nine radio stations, three magazines, and a growing Interactive/Events department.
Our Core Values:
– PASSION – A passion for helping others and ourselves achieve success.
– RESPECT – Respect the time, talent and contribution of every individual.
– CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT- Be committed to continually improve professionally and personally.
– FUN – Life’s too short for anything else.
– LEADERSHIP – To rally teams toward achieving common objectives.
– OPENNESS – Always know where you stand. Never be afraid to share information.
– OWNERSHIP – Trust yourself and others to act quickly and independently. Take accountability for your actions.
– HUMILITY – Those who achieve the most brag the least.
Email your resume, mp3, short video, programming philosophy, social sites and anything else you feel we need to know about you to RadioJobs@ZRGmail.com.
No phone calls, please.
Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.