Description: Zimmer Communications has a position for an experienced graphic designer to work on our award-winning brands, including Inside Columbia magazine. You get to create and design both digital and print ads and magazine layouts in an environment teeming with local radio personalities, creative copywriters and passionate business owners. This role will include working within Zimmer Communications’ various properties, including those in Columbia, Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks and Springfield.
We are looking for a designer who has experience with magazine feature layouts, print design, ad design, vector illustration, and logo design. Candidate must have a willingness to embrace and research other brands and publications to grow their skills. Candidate should have between 2-5 years of professional experience as a designer, with a proven record of guiding projects proactively, intentionally and intuitively from concept to completion. The designer will work with the editors and the art director to create strong, compelling concepts and layouts that match each of our brands’ identities.
Magazine Graphic Designer Job Duties:
• Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
• Work as part of a team with editors, copywriters, designers, sales executives, etc.
• Design ads for clients in digital and print media.
• Develop the layout and print production design of magazines, e-newsletters, advertising, brochures, digital ads, signs and graphics.
• Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops and online tutorials; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Meet with clients and/or the art director to determine the scope of a project.
• Design for digital campaigns as needed.
• Create promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures.
Magazine Graphic Designer Skills and Qualifications:
Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Constructive Criticism, Good Attitude, Responsive to Change
• Conceptual thinker
• Problem solver
• Sense of urgency
• Able to manage multiple projects from start to finish
• Flexible to handle shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Can work independently or in groups
• Great communication skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to follow a brief and feedback from client to determine direction of a project
• Strong illustration ability to create graphics and visual images for layouts & logos.
• Innovative design sense incorporating photography and typography
What We Offer:
• Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
• A fun and entertaining work environment
• Vacation accrual from day 1
• Paid holidays
• Ongoing training both in group meetings and individual one-on-one support
• Recognition awards
Zimmer Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time